Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Cleaning - A Packrat's Confessions

I am a pack-rat. I get that honestly from my grandmother (may she rest in peace). That woman had a drawer full of rubberbands from her newspapers. Okay I'm not that bad, but I do have an unusual attachment to things sentimental. And lots of things are sentimental to me. Like my children's baby clothes. My national honor society certificate from high school..and middle school. My letter jacket. A LOT of Longaberger baskets. Piano music (okay we have the piano. I think it was Christmas the last time I played it). I could go on. And I may again at some point. So we were going to tackle spring cleaning this weekend at the Casa de Chaos. I was all psyched, feeling in a get-rid-of mood. Then world's best nana (not kidding here) called and wanted to have the delayed Easter egg hunt, and could we come. Of course. So kiddos and I did, hubby went to an auction, and instead of cleaning out, we brought more home. Oh well, there's always next weekend. We do our best to recycle and reuse....just not so good at reducing yet. Happy Earth day. Plant a tree.

No comments: